1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting a Shop/Shed!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Crawdaddy, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

After what seems like a lifetime, but in actuality only a month or so, the shed was delivered last Saturday. It's beautiful, completely exceeded my expectations. I wish I had gone bigger, but there's probably no size I would have decided was "big enough". It appears to be quite strong with quality craftsmanship. I have pictures, but they're on the home computer so I'll try to post them up tonight.

Delivery was in and of itself amazing. They have custom-built trailers specifically designed to deliver these sheds. It had rollers the length of the trailer so sheds could slide on and off with the help of a huge winch and a hinged trailer design with a pair of rams to roll it off. They also have a purpose-built mule and casters to pick up the shed by the edges and shunt it around into its final resting place.
  2. Crawdaddy

As promised, here are a few pictures of the shed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have a specialized trailer setup specifically made to load and unload these sheds:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every 4th stud is doubled-up. This will make it harder to insulate, but it's a lot stronger
    [​IMG]
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks empty. LOL. Hey while it is empty to help you keep inside temps liveable put some insulation in thm der walls.
    Low budget? find an appliance store that has appliances protected by that foam stuff and use it. Kinda redneck but cheap and eficient
  4. Crawdaddy

Well, I just got the shed... A new wall, insulation, power, drywall, the works will be in there soon, followed by tools and such. For some reason I'm expected to work to get a paycheck which cuts into my time to build the interior. :lol:
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Who the heck expects you to work for a paycheck?
    Did you tell them to talk to Prez Obama about that?
    Theres gotta be some Govt. institution you can report them to.

Oh BTW the shop looks good.
    Needs some windows to take advantage of natural lighting though.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you will find that no matter how big of shed you have, youll fill it up. my dad built a 40x60 shed not to long ago. now he wishes he had made a bigger shed.

funny how that works.

Alex
  7. Crawdaddy

Haha, I'll work for what I earn, it just eats into my play time.

The shed is supposed to come with 2 windows, but I purposely had them omit them. I didn't think windows would be optimal for my intended use. I'll have plenty of artificial light in there once I do the electrical work. I can also open the garage door which lets in plenty of natural light. For the rear storage room I'm looking at somewhere between 2-4 4 foot flourescent fixtures and for the front shop area I'll have 4-6 4 foot flourescent lights. Light shouldn't be an issue... :glasses:

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Yep. I went into purchasing a shed knowing that it would never be big enough, so I simply went with as big as my pocket could afford. My grandfather recently built a 30x50 that is already quite full of junk.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

[MENTION=14098]Crawdaddy[/MENTION] that's a great man cave ... I must have one now too. (drools)
  9. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Man with all that lighting you should install a disco ball
  10. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This should be made into the ultimate MAN SHED. It definately needs a Beer Fridge!!!