Getting a Shop/Shed!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Crawdaddy, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Looking good . Keep us posted

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oh, and yes, the a/c is crooked in the pics. We couldn't get it on the bracket straight, but I was later able to pull down on the left and get it to level out. Tonight I'm hoping to buy the remaining lights and wire and hang the lights in the shop side. I'm not sheetrocking the shed side for now so I'm just going to hang them directly on the studs.

3. Coach24

Way to stay with it. Day by day the progress is good to see.

4. Crawdaddy

The trench for power has been dug and the conduit laid. I rented a walk-behind trencher and cut the trench yesterday and laid the pipe today. I didn't use all the pipe I bought because I decided to run it a different way. Here's a couple shots of the trench:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then later today I finished wiring and hung the 3 4' flourescent fixtures in the shop side of the shed. I initially had a wiring issue where there was a dead short from the hot to ground. I hammered a romex staple too far down and it nicked the insulation on the wire. Pulled the staple and the issue was fixed. I'm happy I hung 3 fixtures instead of 2. It's nice and bright in there now. I can also now finish the rest of the work inside at night. Here's a pic of the lights on:

[​IMG]

Anyone have some sunglasses for me?:glasses:

5. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looking good man!

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Looks nice. It is an understatement to say it is bright in there. But you will be happy when you start to put stuff in there. Less chance for shadows.

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

realy looking good dude. im surprised thats all the deeper you made the trench. when my dad built his shed he had the condu down almost 3 feet.

different parts of the country I guess.

cant wait to see what it looks like once you get all your tools and what have not inside of it.

Alex

8. Crawdaddy

I don't have a frost line to worry about. It probably should have been a little deeper, but it's fine for my application. Oh, and all my tools ARE in there.... I don't have many as of now because I didn't have a lot of space to put them. Everything had to previously fit in the back of the trucks.

9. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Holy jumpin' whatevers...you done good! Keep the updates coming.

10. Coach24

That was mu first reaction to the pic of the trench.
    I understand freeze point but that is usually for water lines. I am concerned about a tiller or other equipment that make reach the wires too easily.
    The shop is really coming along and to do it mostly by yourself is outstanding. I really appreciate your post and the ideas that others are getting, in hope of getting their man cave.