Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Getting killed in the stock market today......

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Grynder, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Never was good at loosing ........

Grrrrrrrrr !

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Buy "RCI-B" shares on the TSX. Then you can wollow in dough like me...LOL (I work there, Ha Ha)

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Having huge medical bills for the past few years has kept me from having the burdon of worrying about the stock market!

How bad did it drop? I know it started sliding earlier in the week.

4. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Down about 10% for the week. Not a huge amount invested but it still sucks to loose and I cringe when I think about it. I shoulda saw it coming, normally I can do 10-30% gains a month. Guess i got a lil greedy and overly confident........

Remembering losses can generate profit !

5. Donn2390

Donn2390 New Member

You just have to have a little patience..! It's up 287 today. Life is good!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  6. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

invest in gasoline futures, there's big money in that

7. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Futures are outside my risk level, but my Valero stock is doing OK, so far this year. VLO Toyota is killing me.:fighting0098:

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

9. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don’t know what market you were watching.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070816/D8R289BG2.html

Dow Industrials Plunge 300 Points

Email this Story

Aug 16, 1:07 PM (ET)

By JOE BEL BRUNO

(AP) The sculpture on the facade of the New York Stock Exchange is a backdrop for a Wall Street street...
    Full Image

p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;}
    NEW YORK (AP) - Wall Street plunged again Thursday, extending an almost relentless downward spiral after problems at Countrywide Financial Corp. (#HYPERLINK "http://money.excite.com/jsp/qt/short.jsp?symbol_search_text=CFC"CFC) confirmed investors' fears that credit problems are spreading. The market shrugged off the Federal Reserve's injection of $17 billion into the banking system, and the Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 300 points.
    Investors' confidence, already diminished by months of bad news about mortgages and credit, took a further pummeling after Countrywide, the nation's largest mortgage lender, said it was forced to draw on an $11.5 billion credit line to fund operations.

10. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

well, my Acme Gonkulator Co. stock is way up too :sign0020: