Getting killed in the stock market today......

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Grynder, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Never was good at loosing ........

Grrrrrrrrr !

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Buy "RCI-B" shares on the TSX. Then you can wollow in dough like me...LOL (I work there, Ha Ha)

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Having huge medical bills for the past few years has kept me from having the burdon of worrying about the stock market!

How bad did it drop? I know it started sliding earlier in the week.

4. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Down about 10% for the week. Not a huge amount invested but it still sucks to loose and I cringe when I think about it. I shoulda saw it coming, normally I can do 10-30% gains a month. Guess i got a lil greedy and overly confident........

Remembering losses can generate profit !

5. Donn2390

Donn2390 New Member

You just have to have a little patience..! It's up 287 today. Life is good!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  6. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

invest in gasoline futures, there's big money in that

7. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Futures are outside my risk level, but my Valero stock is doing OK, so far this year. VLO Toyota is killing me.:fighting0098:

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

9. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don’t know what market you were watching.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070816/D8R289BG2.html

Dow Industrials Plunge 300 Points

Email this Story

Aug 16, 1:07 PM (ET)

By JOE BEL BRUNO

(AP) The sculpture on the facade of the New York Stock Exchange is a backdrop for a Wall Street street...
    Full Image

p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;}
    NEW YORK (AP) - Wall Street plunged again Thursday, extending an almost relentless downward spiral after problems at Countrywide Financial Corp. (#HYPERLINK "http://money.excite.com/jsp/qt/short.jsp?symbol_search_text=CFC"CFC) confirmed investors' fears that credit problems are spreading. The market shrugged off the Federal Reserve's injection of $17 billion into the banking system, and the Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 300 points.
    Investors' confidence, already diminished by months of bad news about mortgages and credit, took a further pummeling after Countrywide, the nation's largest mortgage lender, said it was forced to draw on an $11.5 billion credit line to fund operations.

10. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

well, my Acme Gonkulator Co. stock is way up too :sign0020: