1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting sirius to turn off with radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Signaturesv, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Signaturesv

Signaturesv New Member

I have installed my Stratus 6 sirius radio in my 2010 GMC sierra.

when I direct wired it I fused tapped it into my fuse box under the hood(into the radio fuse). But when i attached it, it immediately turned on. I then moved my tap to the ignition and it now turns on when i of course turn the ignition on.

I want it to turn on and off when my radio does. (when it turns off when i open the door even though the key is out)

does anyone know which fuse i need to tap?
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Did you tap into the correct side of the fuse under the hood...? Also, did you check in the inside fuse panel...?
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

He's right. I hope this helps you. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!:glasses:
  4. TritonBoulder47

Plus that "delayed shut off" is controlled by the serial data bus... I'm not sure if there is a fuse somewhere to tap into that or not...
  5. Signaturesv

Signaturesv New Member

the fuse isnt switched. at least the one for the radio isnt.

I tried flipping the tap around both ways with no success.

Just curious, if the Data Bus controls when the radio comes on and off how does it work with an aftermarket radio. I had a 2007 gmc savanna van with a pioneer head unit and gps and it turned on and off when i opened the door. I did have a wire harnes, does that mean the head units can interprete the Data Bus signals?

I will try a fuse inside the cabin.

Thanks.
  6. TritonBoulder47

You have to buy a wiring adapter to make it work... PAC makes a good one...