1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting wipers to park in low position

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by siclmn, Aug 10, 2011.

1. siclmn

siclmn New Member

My wipers park about 4 inches higher then they should.
    How do I adjust them?
    No it's not as easy as pulling an arm off and repositioning it, that does not work anymore on new trucks.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

c/k body style or NBS? if it is the C/K body style (88-98 in 1500 and 99 1/2 in 2500 and 3500) then it sounds like the cicut board is going out, or else the park switch may be shot.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do they run the same amount past where they are supposed to as the height they park at? If the end of their sweep is normal, it is probably your circuit board. If the whole sweep is about 4" off, the same as the height they park at, then you just need to adjust them. To do that you would have to remove the nut on the spline that the arm attaches to, pull the arm off either by hand or with a wiper puller, position the wiper in the right place, then bolt it back down.

But, if this is a problem that your truck didn't have when you got it, and has it now, it sounds like the circuit board.
  4. siclmn

siclmn New Member

The end of the sweep is too far, and as I said you can't reposition the arms on the spline for there is a key in there so it only fits one way.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Can you tell me from my signature picture what body style I have? This is a new to me truck.
  5. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yours is a C/K style truck. That is odd that the whole sweep is too far but it is indexed to only allow the wipers in one position. My trucks have both been the newer GMT-800 body style, but they have splined shafts that you can position the wipers anywhere, just with a not holding them down. My windshield on my last one also had alignment marks to align the wipers to.

If there is no ability to adjust the wiper arms, I would check to make sure there is nothing bent or broken on the linkage from the motor. If not, I would suggest replacing that circuit board.