1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gibson exhaust drones?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kuz6954, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kuz6954

kuz6954 New Member

i just installed the gibson super truck exhaust on an 08 silverado ext. cab. I love everything about the exhaust except for the fact it does drone between 1700--2200 rpms. it seems to happen when u reach cruising speed and when the active fuel management kicks on. has anyone else had the same thing happen? im assuming there are no solutions for this either? its actually pretty annoying,but not enough to get rid of it!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gibson exhaust drone

We had same problems with gibson on customers trucks, we quit installing for that reason. we did have good luck installing a short glass pack muffler just in front of muffler, but this was on 07s and older. never did one on newer trucks.
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

Whats the reason for the glass packs in front of the muffler versus behind the muffler?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gibson exhaust drone/ glass pack

the glass pack seem to stop the drone, this was recommended by exhaust shop and it worked.
  5. sommervette

sommervette New Member

6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Borla is good however i have never heard of Kooks.