1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Girl throwing puppies into a river

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TrailLeadr, Aug 31, 2010.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

**WARNING, This is not easy to watch.**

Sorry everyone, I'm just going to use the power of the internet for a minute.
    I fully understand that sometimes animal populations need to be thinned out, and the old school method(still employed today) is to take puppies or kittens out in the field and "dispose" of them. I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I understand some people handle it this way. My grandfather used to do it on his farm.

Personally I have an issue with this, since most animal shelters will take young pets (puppies) as they are easier to adopt out than older dogs.
    It's my hope that someone knows this girl or knows someone who knows her and her camera flunky. Maybe they'll get turned in for animal cruelty. There's something to be said for having to do something like this because there's no alternative(I can't imagine there being no alternatives though).. and then this girl who's giggling to herself as she does it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bb4_1283184704
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Watching this.....Makes me SICK!!.......I agree 100% Patrick....I hope that someone who knows this Girl will turn her in......those little puppies would have most likely had they been in a Shelter.......would have been adopted.....but Not Now....:grrrrrr:
  3. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I dont think I can watch that. From what you described its a pretty gruesom scene. Let's hope they find this idiot and actually dish out real punishment. It's too often I think that these disgusting excuses of human beings get a slap on the rist. This is how Jeffrey Dahmer started out.
  4. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

That is absolutely nauseating...and why would you film this?
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've known people who lived on farms and/or worked on farms, and they have to keep the population of the animals in check. They often, very soberly, would drown young puppies or kittens that would disrupt the balance on the farm. Sometimes they would give them the back of an axe and would put their bodies back into the earth. That's pretty harsh on the puppy, but that's life on the farm.

I guess what gets me is the fact that this has been turned into entertainment. Killing is now a source for giggles. I'm very afraid for what this next generation has in store for us. This type of attitude is WAY WAY WAY beyond what happens to the animal. It's like a soldier who doesn't just do his job, but loves to kill people -- That's a dude that needs to be locked up.

What's going on? We've got a whole generation of kids that have had raised with very permissive parenting. No solid values to speak of, everything is relative (even though no one is a committed relativist when it comes to real life. A semi truck coming at your can not be there, and not be there, at the same time and in the same relationship)

Way too much emphasis today on entertainment, flashiness, dare-I-say "bling", and not enough hardworking salt-of-the-earth core values that build the society that so many take advantage of.

Remember that at the end of the Roman Empire there were so many people living off the state that there weren't enough workers to support everyone. People demanded more and more arenas to be build, more entertainment, less work. The Roman Empire collapsed within. I'm afraid that we're trending the same way.

Very chilling to say the least.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

People are sick.

Like Steve said, it's all about entertainment. It's sad when death and torture are the preferred methods of entertainment for some people.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Having 2 rescued Dogs and a cat that makes me very SICK!! I would Beat her then throw her in a river....
  8. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

it makes me sick thinking "this is what my generation does for fun" people like this are absolutly discusting and NEED to be locked up.
    like Steve said, I grew up on a farm and sometimes it is necessary, but we never killed animals that had a chance to live, there was always someone around us that was more than happy to adopt a un-needed dog or cat from us. the only animals we ever put down were those that had NO chance to live and didnt have the money to pay for the life saving surgery they needed.
    this is why I'm going to school to be a vet, no animal deserves for this to happen, I cant even fathom what must have been going through their heads as they walked to the river, I hope somebody identifies them and they get the highest sentence possible
  9. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

absolutely horrible. i as well grew up on a farm and nature sometimes just takes it's course, but there is no reason why this is necessary. how can someone sleep at night and do that.

it makes me want to throw up.
  10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2!!!! This is the generation that i am an older part of and cannot fathom what will happen as well. I was a farm boy, and raised in the manner that you speak of. None of it was ever ever ever fun, but that was life as you say.
    Then i join the army and get enough rank to have people under me. I have one little.......... he still gets my blood pressure up even after a year away from the army. he just didnt care. if it didnt fit his self serving needs he just cried like a little baby and i had to worry about him guarding our post when we slept.
    As to the animal cruelty it sounds to me that she is of some foreign origin, since the last word she says sounds nothing like english.

And X2, and X3 as to the comments on the Roman empire and not learning from the same mistakes.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010