1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Giving credit where credit is due

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by roger97338, Jul 17, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. roger97338

roger97338 New Member

So, last night I ordered some stuff online from Summit Racing. I logged onto my Summit account, so all of my billing and delivery info was already there. I placed the order, hit submit, then realized that my "bill to" and "ship to" addresses were both my PO box...but I didn't want the parts delivered to the PO box! I knew that I would need to call them and talk to a CSR. I dread calling CSRs...you sit on hold for far too long. You talk to someone who you can barely understand. They try to sell you something while they tell you they can't help you with your problem. Always an unpleasant situation for me.

So, a few minutes ago, I called Summit. A few choices after I dialed, and I was greeted by a friendly sounding man, who's accent was mid-western, at the worst. I told him I needed to change my ship-to address. He asked "Is this Roger?" and I was almost shocked, because at no time after I dialed Summit did they ask me to identify myself. And, I called from my cell phone, which show up on caller IDs as "cell phone" or "verizon mobile", but not the callers name. Their CSR's phone lines are linked to their computers, which match the incoming call phone numbers against their database, so they know who's calling without having you punch in your 16 digit ID and all that.

I said "yes, yes it is." He told me that, even though I've only had one other order sent to this address, they had already caught my oversight and corrected my "ship to" address for the order.

In a time when big companies have lost sight of their customers, in a time when big and small companies alike send jobs over-seas, in a time when everyone has incredible amounts of technology, but nobody realizes what it's capable of, Summit Racing Equipment rises to the top.

I've never gone out of my way to tell people how impressed I was with a business before, but I am now. If someone out there is hesitating about ordering something from Summit, hessitate no longer! Place that order! And if someone out there has never heard of Summit Racing Equipment before now, dude.....now you have! Summit gives American's jobs...Summit sells quality, name-brand products....next time you people have some extra cash for shiny stuff for your truck, buy it from Summit. They deserve your business. And I bet that after that first order, you'll think so too.

Man...I wish I was a poet so I could write something more eloquent about Summit! LOL!
  2. hunky

hunky New Member 100 Posts

X2 on Summitt. I live in central PA. If I order before 1:00pm I get it the next day! Awsome. Also, they will price match.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We have a Summit here in Reno and they have some great folks working there. I've always been pleased with the Summit house brands of parts. Good stuff.
  4. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm actually looking to order headers from Summit, the summit brand headers. Now, after reading this i will not hesitate to order when i come around to it.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have ordered a few items from Summit,There Customer Service is top notch!! :great:
  6. budfreak

budfreak New Member

I grew up right next door practically from Summit in Tallmadge and I have watched it grow to what it is now. It's always been a great place with great prices and service. I recommend going to the store if you ever have the oportunity as they have a sales table there with clearance items and there tends to be alot for our trucks on there for CHEAP.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

... moved to reviews section ... thanks!
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I love buying from summit as well. Almost always have the same price and I always get the package within 2 days.
  9. lquattro04

lquattro04 Member

Summit is by far the best company that iv'e ever ordered from. I just ordered my rims about a month ago and not realizing that the ETA was nearly a month later due to the fact that the rim size is unpopular and would have had to be custom ordered from the factory. I called them up the next day after submitting my order and told them that i had messed up and came prepared with a few other rim styles that i liked (though these were also the same size). They were able to order them and actually had them drop shipped from the factory and sent to my house within 3 days of the phone call. very professional and anybody that you talk to from there knows what theyre talking about.