1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

glass packs? ~ GMC YUKON

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by tallhoe, Jun 8, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. tallhoe

tallhoe New Member

hello i just recently put stock mufflers on my yukon, after running true duel open headers, because i hated the power loss it seem to have and gas millage down. I was woundering if anyone knew of a good glass pack that would be loud deep and pop a little. i do not like flowmaster, magnaflow ect. tube exhaust or w/e. any help would be great!
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I thought glass packs were only made by one company? Goes to show how far NOT in touch I am!

:neutral:
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Cherrybomb! makes the best glasspacks money can buy.
  4. tallhoe

tallhoe New Member

use to be but now i see the muffler shops around here using thrusher or something and then these glasspacks that are like 12 inches or shorter and it sounds like straights
  5. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Blue Bottles give a great sound.
  6. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

definatly cherrybomb.i love em
  7. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

There used to be all kinds of cool glass packs out there but now not as many one of my fave mufflers was Hollywood Deep tones they had a deep mellow sound but still had a growl.

Thrush makes glass packs that are up to 45 inches long and Im sure cherry bomb does also.

Check out the cherry bomb vortex I think you might like the sound its like a cross between a glass pack and a flowaster.
    http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/

Also if the sound is too brassy not loud but the pitch is kind a off sounding or as I have heard some say ricey LOL check out some Ansa tips they are resonators so they will change the sound make it a little deeper.

I ran dual 36 inch glass packs on my mustang and they were too loud added the tips and they were much better could still get them hot and they would pop and crackle but were not too loud for cruising.
  8. tallhoe

tallhoe New Member

is it the longer the louder and stuff?
  9. tallhoe

tallhoe New Member

oh and were can i pick up these blue bottles? i can't find them anywere on google
  10. daddytech

daddytech New Member 100 Posts

Cherry bomb, thrush, california turbo, Dyna MAx makes one, Hedman actually makes one too. That's about all of the ones i can think of at the moment , hope it helps.