1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

Anybody added these glass packs or some kind of high performance exhaust system. I am going to have my Tahoe looked at today. They say Glasspacks, free flowing, help a little with gas mileage...plus, IT JUST SOUNDS MEAN AS HELL ON MY 4x4!!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I used to have a 1962 GMC 3/4 ton pickup with a 350 4-bolt that I took out of an old police car. Put some glass packs on that beast and it woke up the neighbors. :)
  3. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

so glass packs to loud? or screw the neighbors? My Truck sounds good!!
  4. ChevyFan

I lived in an apartment complex at the time and when I started up my truck each morning at least one car alarm would go off. :) I would be upset now if some young punk did that to me, but it's all good. I really didn't try to wake people up at 6:30 AM.
  5. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

Talked to the shop who is going to be doing my work for me on the exhaust system. He is telling me with the CATS in the TRUCK and the glass packs/free flowing system. it will sound good. He advised if I did flow masters, then it would sound pretty much like the stock exhaust. I will let you all know how they sound when I get them on. Hopefully this week.
  6. ChevyFan

yeah, looking forward to it.
  7. 97tahoeboy

97tahoeboy New Member

i had true duals put on my 97 'hoe, with a vortex turbo muffler and it is a lil' bit louder but not bad, and it helped me pull 23mpg on the way back from north dakota last summer
  8. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

that's 1 reason I am doing it..but also I am getting the Tahoe programed for me on a DYNO!!!! which will freaking help gas like crazy. I will ahve to run high octane though 92 super unleaded and get a new thermostat that runs cooler, which is like 40.00
  9. ChevyFan

I wasn't aware that you could get that type of MPG enhancement. What are the drawbacks?
  10. bocajapache

bocajapache New Member

Steve, I just had it programed satruday. She is running like a mean bitch!! hahaha. I am monitoring MPG this week and let you know what comes out of it. I HAVE MORE POWER, I don't know the terminology, but my truck can get on it if I need it too. Runs smooth, timing is perfect on it now. I can get the chart comparisons maybe if anybody really wants to see them.