Glove Box Codes

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 93BURB, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 93BURB

93BURB Member

I've read that there's a sticker in the glove box that tells you the options each truch had coming off the assembly line (Service Parts Identification sticker). I looked and it's there of course. Does anyone have the list of what these codes mean??

I'm specifically looking to see what gear ratio my truck has...

for reference, I have a 93 K2500 4x4 if that helps. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The list is long, very, very long.

Someone on here has already posted all of them, it took pages and pages.

I will see if I can find it later if no one beats me to it.

Now I have to finish my coffee, work on the horse trailer and pick up a garden tractor.

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can download a 188page pdf, and go through the list at your leisure.

Besides that link doesn't even scratch the surface of the codes.

5. Cableguy

Oh ya I forgot you had that list. I was looking for that. Again you are my Hero! :great:

6. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That figures, I downloaded that a while ago and forgot all about it. Thanks guys for jarring my memory, what little there is left.

7. 93BURB

93BURB Member

Good lord that's a lot of information. Thanks guys for your help, you rock!! :great:

8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

speaking of options, my burb has a sticker on the engine that says it has remote start????? The previous owners told me nothing about it. What should i look for to figure out this Scooby mystery?

9. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Maybe the previous owner didn't know about the remote start.(doubtful) Or it may have been removed. Look for a safety switch along the front of the engine bay that would contact the hood when closed. Usually looks like like a stick.

[​IMG]

Most places/people put the remote starter module under-inside the dash on the driver's side. The module will more than likely have a name brand on it.
    The area under the dash is usually quite open, so you should be able to spot a remote start module pretty easy.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  10. Cableguy

I beleive theres a mechanics safety switch under hood (with reomte starters)so car can't be started for his safety. Which requires a sticker under hood so he doesn't spend all day figuring out why it won't start with hood up LOL

Oops sorry Patrick I didn't see ya in here answering, cool.