GM 2010 or 2011 new truck body?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by NRAsticker, Jun 30, 2009.

1. NRAsticker

NRAsticker Rockstar

I was at the dealership the other day considering a custom order...and they tried to rush me into a quick buy by saying that in July the factories would switch to the new model year. He said that, then quickly shut up. Is a new body coming out? I have been doing alot of thinking on this...and I dont understand why he would rush me to buy if not. Why not just convince me to wait till September as planned and charge me the undoubtedly higher price for a 2010 either way?

2. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I know there is a new body style of the 2500 coming out.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

With all that GM has gone through, I'd be surprised if they changed body styles on the 1/2 ton any time soon. I'd like them to update the Colorado, myself.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Normally in July the assembly plants shut down to re-tool the lines for model changes, but I haven't heard anything about new work coming in for us. (I'm a GM s$%^ head) I will have to check on that for you, because when I got layed off they were still making parts for the GMT-900 lines. I am curious now, I will have to investigate!:glasses:

5. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I went on www.conceptcarz.com... they are usually very good at being up todate with New body styles or body style updates... i don't think GM or any other car manufacturer with the exception of a select few would throw out a new body style without getting a reaction from the public first via concept... But i could be wrong...