1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM 2010 or 2011 new truck body?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by NRAsticker, Jun 30, 2009.

1. NRAsticker

NRAsticker Rockstar

I was at the dealership the other day considering a custom order...and they tried to rush me into a quick buy by saying that in July the factories would switch to the new model year. He said that, then quickly shut up. Is a new body coming out? I have been doing alot of thinking on this...and I dont understand why he would rush me to buy if not. Why not just convince me to wait till September as planned and charge me the undoubtedly higher price for a 2010 either way?
  2. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I know there is a new body style of the 2500 coming out.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

With all that GM has gone through, I'd be surprised if they changed body styles on the 1/2 ton any time soon. I'd like them to update the Colorado, myself.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Normally in July the assembly plants shut down to re-tool the lines for model changes, but I haven't heard anything about new work coming in for us. (I'm a GM s$%^ head) I will have to check on that for you, because when I got layed off they were still making parts for the GMT-900 lines. I am curious now, I will have to investigate!:glasses:
  5. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I went on www.conceptcarz.com... they are usually very good at being up todate with New body styles or body style updates... i don't think GM or any other car manufacturer with the exception of a select few would throw out a new body style without getting a reaction from the public first via concept... But i could be wrong...