Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GM 350HO Engine

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ParisDude, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ParisDude

ParisDude Rockstar

I now have about a thousand miles on my 1988 Silverado with the Chevy 350HO crate engine from GM. It came in the short form without intake carb, ignition, etc. I added an Edelbrock Street Eliminator dual plane, Air Gap intake, Holley 4150 650CFM carb, Moroso 6 quart oil pan, Edelbrock aluminum water pump, MSD ignition and Ceramic coated shorty headers among some of the accessories. It is an awesome engine with so much torque it's hard to describe. I am very unhappy with my Holley carb...having trouble getting it to accellerate properly from a dead stop. It spits if you give it more than just a little throttle from a dead stop. Maybe I can work it out. But...after the spit, look out...this thing pulls like a freight train. I wish I could take it to the strip.

Car Craft did a dyno test on this engine configured basically the way mine's set up and got 377HP. You can read the article at http://www.carcraft.com/projectbuil...draulic_roller_cam_package_install/index.html

Except for the carb problem, I am extremely pleased with this engine. At less than $3,000 you can't beat this 4 bolt main Chevy small block with Vortec heads! Awesome!!!

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a good looking install. Hard to go wrong with a crate GM engine.

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thats a beautiful/sweet set up. I know a lot of guys that hate Holley carbs. Look into a Edelbrock Endurashine 650, those things look sweet.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

thats a very nice looking setup. sorry to hear about the carb. the edelbrock might work well with some of the other edelbrock stuff.