Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GM: 7,500 hourly workers will leave firm

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

About 7,500 General Motors Corp. workers have signed up to take buyout and early retirement incentives to leave the company, the automaker said Thursday.

More...

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah my mom brought home a newsletter yesterday that said that 30 people with over 30 years were taking it, 30 people with less than 2 years are taking the buyout. And then 10 people with between 5-15 years are taking the buyout, and that is just at our plant! :gasp:
    I don't know if it is smart though, $25,000 car voucher and $25,000 cash in some cases. Some of the people that are taking it are only 20-25 years old, I don't know where they are going to get jobs at in these hard economic times. But I wish them all the best luck................AMY