1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM Air intake and GM Performace Exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cdale27, Sep 29, 2008.

1. cdale27

cdale27 New Member

I am in the process of buying a 2008 LTZ Crew cab Silverado withthe 5.3l. I am looking at the GM Performance Parts Air intake and the GM perfromance Cat Back Exhaust side out ( I want to keep my spare tire). Does onyone have experiance withthese ona 2008? Whould I be better off going with a Volant and a Flowmaster cat back sytem?
    What are the pro and cons?
    Pro: GM product GM warrenty.
    Con: Less performance??????
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You'll probly get more performance out of the Volant Intake and the GM exhaust. Flowmaster sounds good but doesn't offer alot if any performance. Most people I've known actually lost a little low end. Another pro for the gm stuff is you can add it on to your financing.
  3. cdale27

cdale27 New Member

I refered to Flowmater but there are many many choices. Borla- magnaflow ect... I wonder how the GM Performance cat back system performs compaired to the after market stuff outthere.
  4. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

I to was thinking about the GM parts but there are so over priced. I would recommend just searching around. I just went with the k&n cai and magnaflow on mine. You will not lose your warrany with aftermarket. If you are worried about it talk to the service manager and they will normally still say they will keep the warranty if they install them, but as stated they can not void a warranty unless they can directly relate the problem to said aftermarket part which will most likely not be the case
  5. cdale27

cdale27 New Member

I found the GMPP Performace Cat Back sytem delivered for $376.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...62QQcategoryZ33630QQihZ023QQitemZ360071866497

I should have it this weekend. WOHOO!~!!:happy:
  6. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

7. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 Member

Let us know how it was to install and how it sounds. Looks like a killer deal! :great:
  8. cdale27

cdale27 New Member

OK I picked up my new truck today. They have the GM air Intake installed now and I will be installing the ehaust tomaorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes.

JT
  9. cdale27

cdale27 New Member

OK guys. I LOVE MY EXHAUST. Nice low tone without being to obnoxious. There is a signifigant increase in Power WOW. I am very happy. I will post pics and video when i get her back. She is getting Line X Xtra over the rai and under the fender wells.
  10. Jmill77

Jmill77 New Member

I am really glad to hear about your results...i had found that ebay deal about 35min before i read this thread. I wasnt sure i wanted to spend the money on the GM system without hearing about some results since everyone talks about flowmaster and others.