GM cleans out the garage

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG]

General Motors is cleaning out the attic to sell some stuff at the auction house to raise much needed cash.

More...

2. silveradojc

silveradojc Former Member

What a shame too. Can you imagine the value on some of their historic vehicles!

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nothing too strange or unusual in the few cars listed. I may have to call in with my $2,000 and see what I can be a phone bidder for.... :)

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wish I was in a position to help them out.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I actually had the privelidge of seeing this historic piece of Corvette history, it is a 1961 Corvette Mako Shark. The basic lines of the 1961 Mako Shark Corvette concept car were inspired by a mako shark caught off the coast of Florida by William L. Mitchell. At the time, Mitchell was vice president of General Motors Styling, now known as the GM Design Center. The reason it was never produced in large numbers had mainly to do with the factory 427 BBC, and the custom color fade paint job. That's a shame because it really was beautiful, to bad the GM vault isn't open to the public any more.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2067&stc=1&d=1235965229

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  6. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

I remember going to Bowling Green, Ky to take a tour of the Corvette plant and visit the Corvette museum. My mom bought me one of those 1 millionth Vette shirts. I wore that shirt until the screen printing wore off.