1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM Closer to Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bry2500, Mar 5, 2009.

1. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

I read this article just a minute ago.

link:
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090305/gm_annual_report.html

Does it bother anyone else as much as it bothers me. We can give out billions to other goverments to help them out but we can't help out our own people. Granted the companies should be more careful in their finances but still to allow such a large amount of US people to lose there jobs says nothing for our governments concern for us in general. To much politics are involved with the stimulus that most of it will not even help the economy or the people of the US.

Sorry about the rant but allowing the economic situation to get this bad is sickening
  2. gimme_a_350

gimme_a_350 New Member

i guarantee you that Chevrolet will survive as a brand name regardless of what happens to GM as a whole. Even if 99% of their lineup is gone, the trucks will still be there.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

It scares me because if they do go completely under, what are we going to have as tow vehicles? Ford F-150-F550, Dodge Ram 1500-3500 and what else, Toyota and Honda never have had any decent full size trucks to compete with GM, FORD, DODGE so what would we do? The thing that scares me the most is GMPP, how will all the racing circuits survive without the small and big block Chevy motors? I realize that they have Merlin, World motors, and a couple other big money engine builders, but we still need our small block chevy's! Jealousy is what is killing this country and the automakers, you can't turn on the TV for one day and not see somebody complaining about the automaker's wages or their benefits. Take a page from the mayor of Lansing, and SUPPORT THE MIDDLE CLASS FOR ONCE AND STOP BEING HYPOCRITES!:fighting0034:
  4. Henchman

Henchman New Member ROTM Winner

Think about this also, if GM does go under, think what the parts for our vehicles would cost. Better buy up part now before they sky rocket. I've been buy parts for my truck on places like Craigslist. Just something to think about. GM will always be around. As well as Ford and Dodge. It's just a matter of who's going to be owning them.....like Japan or China!:fighting0019:
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Well I guess it's a good thing that I kept all of my OEM parts off of my trucks, tail lights, grilles, headlights, bowities, suspension parts, even an exhaust with 2,000 miles on it off of a 2500HD. Ha! And my parents called me insane, I would get gold for those parts if that happens!:party:
  6. Mindi51982

Mindi51982 New Member

I grew up in the country and I have 4 or 5 generations of GM employees in my family.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoIXxFSq7og"]YouTube - John Rich - Shutting Down Detroit[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1TPJ4xURI"]YouTube - Shutting Detroit Down (My Tribute) HQ[/ame]