1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM Driver Information Center

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by jdchet, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jdchet

jdchet Member

My '07 Silverado didn't come with the DIC (Driver Information Center) buttons on the left side of the dash. Well I just remedied that issue! I ordered the buttons and dash plate from GM Accessories Store p/n#19159438 and installed it yesterday. Installation was easy with minimum tools required. I highly recommend this!

JD:rules:

This works for ALL GMT900 Vehicles. (2007 NBS - present)
    - Silverado
    - Sierra
    - Tahoe
    - Yukon
    - Suburban
    - Yukon XL
    - Escalade
    - Avalanche
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Any chance you could post some pics. I might consider doing this even tho I don't mind just looking at my guage cluster, which will still show you everything you just have to do differnet things.
  3. jdchet

jdchet Member

[​IMG]

I ordered this from http://www.gmpartsclub.com.

The only issue I had installing was putting the bolt back in that holds the Parking Brake release handle. Damn Jeezus clip wouldn't stay in place! I found it was easier if you started the bolt just slightly before replacing the knee bolster panel. Like I said, very minor problem. Took all of about 20 minutes to install using a phillips head screwdriver and a plastic putty knife (in lieu of a plastic dash trim tool).
    Instructions........http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/jdchet/DashPanel002.jpg
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/jdchet/DashPanel001.jpg

JD:party:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's great, I wonder why they didn't put that in at the factory, the buttons can't be that expensive of an option. I guess some people don't want them and prefer them to be more hidden???

What was the cost? I didn't see that in your post. Glad it was easy to get done.
  5. jdchet

jdchet Member

It was only about $85 plus shipping.

JD [​IMG]
  6. donewithdodge

donewithdodge New Member

dic install

I need to do this too. Curious did you have to have the dealer program anything. did you just install it and that was it. :no:
  7. jdchet

jdchet Member

No programming required! Just 15-20 minutes to install and your good! The connection for the buttons is already there. Like Steve said I don't understand why they didn't include the buttons in the first place. They do give you many more options!
    Good luck!

JD:sleep:
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've now driving a lot of the 2007 and 2008 GM Trucks and SUVs and it's just a major step forward towards providing the driver with valuable information when driving down the road. Gone are the days when I'll be satisfied with just the odometer and trip.

:great:Thumbs up on the great find! Who would have known that you just could get the buttons and hook them up. I wonder if it's the same for all vehicles?
  9. DirtDog

DirtDog Rockstar 100 Posts

I want to know if I can just get the steering wheel for my truck that has the buttons??? If so I want them!!!!
  10. nbjohnson

nbjohnson New Member

thanks for the info

jdchet, Thanks for the info. I just ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive.