1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM driveshaft spline grease

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by timmyfixit, May 12, 2010.

1. timmyfixit

timmyfixit New Member

After reading the numerous posts about the driveline clunk fixes, I purchased the GM "miracle" lube specified in the owners manual. Looks to me like the only thing special about it is that it has Teflon infused in it. $44/lb is just crazy money for grease! If I had it to do over, I'd just get Magnalube-G. Appears to have the same ingredients and only $11/lb.

The GM version DID take care of the clunking for now though ;)
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

A little morre truck info might help us figure out which clunk you are refering to. Since it seems that every single model of GM has a different one.:lol:
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the clunk he is referring to is where the rear drive shaft enters t-case common problem mine does the same thing just haven't gotten around to fixing it, we use the GM grease seems to last the longest of all the greases we have used
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Got ya.. on my 88 the Spline one the rear (second) piece of the drive shaft will clunk after the plasic wears out... And on my 2002 Z-71 i had differential clunk.... So i like to know so i can learn in case i ever happen to encounter the problem i can be of some assitance at least.
  5. timmyfixit

timmyfixit New Member

Sorry, my truck is listed in my garage. 99 Sierra 1500 4WD
  6. Vinniety

Vinniety New Member

Is there a HOW TO DO somewhere about this clunck. Startign to get it on my 2002 z71 and wanted to know more infor.

7. Vinniety

Vinniety New Member

Do a search in ggoel for this and you will read enough info.

GM driveshaft spline grease