1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM Exaust '08 Silverado

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by SilveradoStud, Aug 17, 2008.

1. SilveradoStud

SilveradoStud New Member

I am new to this site and new to this whole truck world. I am thinking of getting an exaust very soon and i am eyeing the GM OEM dual cat back system. Who has this and what do you think? I am thinking about the Cold Air intake through GM also. I have the 5.3L V8 08 Silverado.
  2. smithbuilt24

smithbuilt24 New Member

I have the same truck that I just bought. How much is the cold air intake? I have had several trucks and have always had great results with Flowmaster but that is me. The question I have is can I run true duels? Or do I have to run a single muffler.
  3. SilveradoStud

SilveradoStud New Member

GM does have a dual system for this truck. I kind of want to go OEM to not void my warranty.
  4. smithbuilt24

smithbuilt24 New Member

The only warranty it will affect is on the exhaust. If you put aftermarket exhaust on it will not void ur entire warranty. I promise I have owned several trucks and I also did it to my wifes Mustang brand new. All they said when I took it for service was that they will not cover exhaust anymore.
  5. SilveradoStud

SilveradoStud New Member

Oh well that may change the way i look at which exaust to get now
  6. smithbuilt24

smithbuilt24 New Member

Get what u want I am positive it will not void ur warranty.
  7. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

As discussed in other threads, the 2008s are sensitive to changes. If your exhaust mods make codes start popping, then there's a pretty good chance a dealer could void your warranty. SilverStud is wise, but poorer, to go with the GM option. I don't have any experience with the factory cat back; but, many (myself included) find the Flowmasters too loud. To those of you in this camp, I just added a 4" resonator tip and it helps a little.
  8. jmonte3

jmonte3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have flowmaster dual catback exhaust on my 07 5.3L NBS sierra and i think it sounds good...also gave me lil better mpg and hp
  9. Maximous

Maximous Rockstar

we need a definative answer guys!!! :lol: