1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM Graveyard Stories

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You sure it wasn't a tank. Wow. happy no one was in that when it happened

to everyone-- Glad to see posts here now. sorry it happened to everyone but still neat to see
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Dang hit it so hard it knocked out the taillights!!
  3. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Yeah pretty crazy, just wish I pulled more off of the truck before the insurance company got to it. I managed to save a few things (I had at it before the pics), bed rail covers, stereo, tool box. the thing I miss the most that I Just didn't have time to do was cut out my exhaust.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ouch dude, that really sucks.

Alex
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Its ok, just remember the sweet ride you have now!
  6. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

My near mint '96 Z71 after its accident.

[​IMG]
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ouch! what happened to that one?

Alex
  8. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was driving in traffic at about 35mph when the truck two cars ahead of me panicked and locked its brakes. The Commander in front of me stopped faster than I did. I would have rebuilt but the frame horns were bent where the bumper mounts. I wasn't going to chance it so I bought it back after they totaled it and sold the remains. I made more than what I had in the truck and the new owner rebuilt it. It did give me the opportunity to get the Moonbounce.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This one time, exactly 2 years ago, this ditch jumped out in front of me. And then a bunch of these little steel-pipe fence posts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, the truck isn't dead. It just needed a new oil pan to get running again and then, aesthetically, it just needed a new front bumper and new bed. I have replaced the bumper but not the bed, yet. I'd like to find a step side bed I could just swap out but haven't really gone out looking for one.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

At least you didnt start out "One time at Band Camp"
    The good thing is she's back on the road and running.