1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM may export China-built cars to U.S.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 13, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

General Motors Corp. plans to begin exports of vehicles made in China to the United States within two years, ramping up sales to more than 50,000 by 2014, reports said Wednesday.

More...
  2. Maxx

Maxx New Member

Time to start checking where it was assembled BEFORE you buy.
    I can live with my Canadian one but I'll be damned if I buy one that was assembled in Mexico or China.
  3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have always check the door sticker before buying. I work in a lot of the plants around the Detroit area and try and buy models made there. There is no way I will ever buy a China truck.
  4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I think that they're only going to make cars to export, not trucks. Even so, i dont want to find the "made in china" sticker on my panel in the future. This might not be a good idea for GM. I dont know anyone who trusts China made products.
  5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My guess it will only be BUICKS, they are HUUUUGE in China!! They are by far the best selling vehicle for GM over there.
  6. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

i own a Subaru WRX that was assembled in Japan, i can't complain about the craftsmanship and durability of the car. the only gripe i have with it is if anything happens to mess up the parts cost about 3 times as much as American Made vehicle parts. i dont see why a Slant Eye would have any more trouble standing on the assembly line and tightening his 4 bolts as the car goes by than an American worker would over here?!! PERSONALLY I WOULDNT BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE MADE OVERSEAS EITHER, but they have to have the same standards and quality to be sold in the US anyways.....everything made over here is being made by cheaper standards anyways, i dont like the idea of driving a pepsi can on wheels any more than the next person!..... what happened to the good old days when cars were think and heavy and wouldnt dent when you rubbed your hand across it!???
  7. Maxx

Maxx New Member

I didn't say that the Chinese would do a bad job, Just I don't want my $$ going there on a major purchase.
    Yes I do shop at Wally World.
    I also don't want to buy Mexican products as they have too many illegals here sucking off my back pocket.
    I still can't understand how illegals can get a drivers license and free health care and schooling here.

Please don't make this a political debate, Just venting. :happy:
  8. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts