1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GM Nerf Steps and Bed Rails

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by gatormike69, Jul 10, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Anybody have these installed or know about these ? Wondering if they are as good as aftermarket and if I should have the dealer install them before I bring my truck home, rolling it all into the financing.

thanks
    09' 1500 Ext Cab w/Z71 Suspension, Imperial Blue Metallic, Ebony leather, 18" rims , probably once in a lifetime purchase, on order @ this time...

2. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah the GM Nerf bars and rails are just as good as any aftermarket setup and I would recommend having the dealer install them because the guy who had my truck before me told me he had installed the bedrails and when I took them off the paint had bubbled where he hadnt completely sealed the rubber seal under the rails

3. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks, I was down at the stealer today looking at the step rails and seeing the mounting. They look and feel good. Chrome stainless. The bed rails I didn't care for as much, they seem to have the ends in black where they mount to the bed. Still trying to decide on which grill guard to install. I've still got a few weeks before the truck gets delivered, so I should have time to get it all figured out.
    thanks again

4. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No problem hope everything turns out good. Post some pics when you get it!

5. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine Rockstar 100 Posts

The nerfs were installed on my truck from the dealer and I am really satisfied with mine. I am gonna put the bed rails on though. I love the rails on the bed, it looks so secksee

tim

6. Irving10

Irving10 New Member

I have the GM step rails installed on mine and they are great. Didn't consider the rails at that time, but kinda wish I did now. Want to see some pics when it's in!

7. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Id have to say go after market if you want them installed a good aftermarket shop will give you that option, I just think that a stealership is going to nail you for double of what anyone else will and as stated in another post the gm ones are the same quality not better quality.

8. 03 Black Sunshine

I have to say in defense of our local dealer they are really reasonable on stuff like that. Dont ask them to read a code though, or do something computer related.:lol:

Tim

9. Offshore24

Offshore24 New Member

My truck has the OEM nerf bars and they're solid. I'd recommend them.

10. 03 Black Sunshine

I just got a set of the bedrails, they are aftermarket, but they dont fit right at all. I tried installing them and the footplates of both rails dont cover the stake pockets on the sides of the bed. The rails came with a plastic type gasket to go under the footplate but it doesnt help. There is about a 3/4 inch gap on either end on either side.

Is there a difference in the beds? I know mine is a stepside but would the other short beds be any different on size.??

I spent over a hundred on these and I cant have a gnarly gap on them it just wont look right.

Tim