GM OBD2 Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by TrailLeadr, Mar 15, 2007.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

Cableguy was nice enough to compile these five files which outline what I believe are all of the trouble codes that your vehicle could possible throw at you. These would be for OBD II systems only. (Not OBD I)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

This is great. we should have a how to pull codes and what the codes are for ODBI systems too......Mike
  3. RatRod

RatRod New Member

You can purchase a scanner at your local parts store.
  4. 03TrailBlazer

03TrailBlazer New Member

Awesome to thave te code posted !!!

Not sure about the autoparts stores in your area, but locally a lot of places will pull the codes for you for free. You migh check....
  5. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

just one tiny little problem these codes dont match some GM vehicles ? i take it these could be used as guidelines?
  6. 03TrailBlazer

03TrailBlazer New Member

Which ones do they match ?

Do we know which vehicles these do match ?

Thanks !
  7. kirk.toune

kirk.toune New Member

Thanks for the diag codes. Does anyone know what a scanner costs?
  8. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

i picked one up an OBD-II scanner at the local autozone for 40 bucks couple months ago wore out the other one from lending it to people :)

it's the orange hand held one
  9. ajaxajax2000

ajaxajax2000 New Member

Thank's Cableguy. That's nice. Just ordered a ACTRON CP9180 Bilingual OBD II scan tool. Cost me 200 bucks.

These codes will come in very handy.

Thank's again. :sign0173:

Here's a pic of the tool:

[​IMG]
  10. bry2500

bry2500 New Member

Thanks cable guy for getting these together for us all.
  11. MWright936

MWright936 New Member

Awesome! Thanks for putting that together for us!
  12. TRay

TRay New Member

Thanks for the trouble codes! This is good information.
  13. oOcornflakeOo

oOcornflakeOo New Member

Yeah, I just ordered one thats called the auto X ray 6000, pretty sweet eh? can't wait til it comes in broke me 270 bones. they all should be able to work on all GMs if your car is 1996 and up.. especially all GM, ford, chrysler, and toyota vehicles. mines is an advanced OBD-II reader but all of yours are at least OBD-I scanners and readers. I saw that some readers require special adaptors for some models such as a few chryslers. I think they said that they (adaptors) cost around 10-15 bones if you happened to get that type of reader.. cool beans
  14. oldguy

oldguy New Member

Nice codes

Thanks for making this available! Having a small issue with the transmission but not tossing a code just yet. Are these GM specific or is this the list of generic OBDII DTC's
  15. 1980chevyman

1980chevyman New Member

Diagnostic Trouble Codes PO753 - shift solenoid performance

On my '02 silverado I have a service engine light on, so I went to autozone to get the code. Says, my ECM has detected an open or shorted condition on the shift solenoid circuit, don't know how this happened, just got the truck in Jan., and it had 72,500mi I only put 4,000mi on it. I did have the oil changed. Is there a way for me to fix this myself...I usually do maintenance myself, this is just a new beast for me, need info bad!!!
  16. Hoss2500

Hoss2500 New Member

Sweet

Great Info!
  17. larry1954

larry1954 New Member

P0697

I have a P0697 code on a Holden (=Chev) Suburban 1998 and cannot track it down and it does not appear in the Power Train codes listed.

The vehicle has a problem with intermittent loss of power. You will be driving at 60 mph and suddenly the tachometer drops from 1800 to 1500 and then back up to 1800. The vehicle runs on petrol and LPG and the fault occurs whether it is run on petrol or LPG, so it is not a fuel pump. I suspect an electrical problem. It only occurs under load, not when idling or reving the motor.
  18. silvercat19

silvercat19 New Member

What OBD System - 2000 Suburban 2500?

Can anyone tell me what OBD system the 2000 Suburban 2500 has? I have major trouble with my son's vehicle and need to fly out to help. I want to pick up a scanner/reader.
  19. draccocain

draccocain New Member

i paid 149.00 at kragen
  20. draccocain

draccocain New Member

it is the obd2 system