GM offering Chevy Volt battery 8-year warranty

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG]General Motors Co. is guaranteeing the battery in its Chevrolet Volt electric car for eight years or 100,000 miles in an effort to inspire confidence in the new technology.

More...

2. shivam

shivam New Member

i would like to buy this......

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GM is finally offering a good warranty?? About time.. But ill be waiting a few years on the elec car, since there have been so many different fads and popular "concepts" that once the general public used them and they faded from the spot light didnt last.
    So time will tell. I do say good for Gm being willing to make a solid car from the start though.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GM's got a five-year, 100,000 mile warranty right now on almost all new cars/trucks that it offers.

I agree, the battery issue is the #1 issue that most people have with the electric/hybrid vehicles, so this warranty helps solve that.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The powertrain warranty is good for the 100K miles.. I am not a fan of just 5 years since that is actually less than the 15K miles a year average..I was also making a bit of a joke about it since my last new GM basicalyl fell apart around me. Plus its only on the new vehicles from 2007 on. That was my chief complaint.. Im just glad they are willing to back it. And if they hold true to the 10 years of life out of a battery that is equivalent to 150K miles.. and the fuel savings are awsome..

6. johnDonn

johnDonn New Member

finally Gm offering good battery thanks for that I would like to buy very soon...