Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GM parts club

Discussion in 'GM Parts Club' started by summitwhite11, Oct 16, 2013.

1. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Wow has anyone experienced problems getting items from gm parts club.com other than myself, its really sad how messed up that place is. I am pretty sure I wont get anything else from there. just curious if this is the norm or if im just special to them. lol.:grrrrrr:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have not ordered from them before. I have not heard anything bad about them until now. I will order from them before I ever order from gmpartsdirect again.

3. summitwhite11

I used them to save a few bucks on some wheel liners for the rear, 120 at the dealer, 115 at the off road truck shop here, and 101.80 at gmparts club, so I gave them a shot, ordered them to be shipped, got an e-mail a day later saying my part was ready for pick up, lol. I called and verified that it was to be shipped, they said yep our bad sorry do that today, a full week later no part or tracking number on the site, send an e-mail/ slash complaint, get an e-mail later yesterday saying sorry its there fault it just didnt get done, they will ship tomorrow, I am pretty sure I wont spend any money there again. What the heck happen to good ole pride in your work and good customer service.

4. Pikey

Well, stuff happens! I don't know if I would write them off after one bad experience. At least it was not a part that you needed to drive the truck. It could have been worse. I have had places ship me the wrong part and then expect me to pay to return it to them.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let me look into it for you.

6. summitwhite11

I talk to them yesterday Steve, its posed to ship again today, I am patient, and like Pikey said, its not a part I am needing, just a part that I want, My concern was is this normal for them, and I find its more of a fluke incident, stuff does happen, no biggie, I trust they will get r done. It is actually kind of nice having a place to buy stuff at a discount, even if there is a fubar from time to time. I am not perfect myself.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got a hold of Robert the parts director. Based on a search for "wheel liners" and the fact that you're from Oklahoma, your order was able to be pulled up.

Looks like the original order had the shipping option of "Will Call (Pickup in Dallas)" selected by whomever placed the order. That means that there is no shipping charge and they hold the order for the customer to come pick it up, even if there is a shipping address. Some local people and even people in the border states will drive to pickup heavy items.

Anyhow, the order was placed on 10/09 after 3 pm and on 10/10 after 8 am the order was ready to be picked up (so it was processed properly and in less than 3 business hours). Then you contacted them at the end of the day (10/10) that you want it shipped, and on 10/11 (Friday) they agreed and would have to bill you for shipping charges, etc. Looks like Sonny admitted that he dropped the ball on this order after you contacted yesterday.

I'm going to have Robert check with Sonny to see if it went out yesterday, or at least to get a current status on this.

8. Pikey

I am pretty sure that stuff like this does not happen often with them. If it did I am sure that there would be multiple threads about it. Like I said, First time I have heard anything bad about them. Now, the other site I mentioned before, I have seem tons of complaints about them and had 2 bad experiences myself with them. I would rather whittle an control arm out of wood than order from that place again. I will try gmpartsclub the next time I can't get a part directly from the gm employee parts warehouse. (prices are about the same)

- - - Updated - - -

just for the heck of it I googled reviews of gmpartsclub. I only found one negative review. That person was complaining that you can not pick up at the store, which is obviously not true.

- - - Updated - - -

just for the heck of it I googled reviews of gmpartsclub. I only found one negative review. That person was complaining that you can not pick up at the store, which is obviously not true.

9. summitwhite11

You are correct, how ever, the shipping info was provided on the original invoice, it got messed up, my sweetie placed the order for me, she is a fine woman, gets me stuff for my truck, I did talk with them on the phone the next day and we did agree a second invoice was needed, we did that, it just didnt get shipped, and with no tracking order posted, I waited a week , i had messed up so was giving them ample time to correct, it didnt bother me till yesterday when I talk to them again, and the part was still sitting there with no futher contact from them, it all boils down to a communication error as I see it, and thanks for looking into this, I have said it before and will again, this place rocks, its jammed full of awesome people doing really nice things for others with like interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the heads up on gmpartsdirect Pikey, made a note of that, and if you do ever whittle a part, I want to see a picture of it, lol.

10. ChevyFan

Yeah, looks like they got it corrected, but then never did anything with it, so that's on them 100% and the good thing is that Sonny didn't try to come up with an excuse, I think Robert said that he admitted he goofed up and was going to check on it yesterday for you. I didn't get any word back as Robert is in a meeting now, but I hope that he didn't drop the ball again and not get back with you a second time. It's been a full week now so I agree with you that after it got straight your wheel liners could have been put on a pack mule and gotten to you by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it's all good now and I guess it's going to ship today. Would have been better customer service to ship it out to you before the end of business yesterday, but I guess at least it's getting taken care of.