1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM Performance Parts Exhaust / Intake?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by jmastro, Dec 24, 2008.

1. jmastro

jmastro New Member

First of all, hello! This is my first post.

I just got an 08 5.3L Sierra, ext cab, short bed, Z71. So far I dig it!

I've been thinking about putting an exhaust and cold air intake on it and have been checking out the forum for recommendations.

I've seen lots of discussion on Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla for exhaust, and K&N for intake, but not much at all on the GM-made options. GM makes a cat-back exhaust and cold air intake. I put URLs below for both in case anyone wants to take a look.

Any thoughts on these in terms of quality/value?

If anyone has any experience with the exhaust, which do you prefer, the "performance" one or the "touring" one?

Thanks everyone!

John

Exhaust: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/ac...ack Exhaust System/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

CAI: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/ac...ormance Air Intake/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
  2. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

Way overpriced. I would keep searching.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC and congrat's on the new truck! I would say that the quality is going to be good on both intake and exhaust or GM wouldn't take a chance on putting it's name on it. As mentioned above, you can probably beat the price. Good luck!
  4. smainsw

smainsw Rockstar

Well congrats on the new truck, however I would definitely pass on the cold air intake as it looks like Volant makes it for GM performance parts, check out their website, I know K&N makes the intake for Mopar, so you are paying more for it saying GM Performance. I don't know who makes the exhaust for them however I can tell you it isn't Magnaflow because that's what I have on my truck and the muffler doesn't look like that, however I didn't buy the kit from Magnaflow either, mine is kind of a custom exhaust got one of the local muffler shops to bend all the stainless pipe for me and install the muffler and tips, and was actually reasonably priced compared to buying the kit and doing it in my garage and not getting what I wanted, but definitely cheaper than GM's price. It's up to you some people like to have the GM Performance name on their stuff, others it doesn't really matter to them.
  5. 04blackgmc

04blackgmc Member

i had the intake kit on my 04 5.3 and it was a very nice clean kit