1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GM promo commercials

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by cascott325, Apr 19, 2009.

1. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i was watchin fox news tonight when i saw a commercial put on by chevrolet. its a new campaign they are pushing called the ownership experience i think. on it there was the cobalt and a malibu their minivan, and what made me write out this topic, the camaro! seeing this, i am guessing they are still releasing it? i have head so much saying it was and so much saying it wasnt, but when i research it, i keep comming up with answers that are unclear. maybe someone can give me a definate yes or no?

2. 89' Silverado

89' Silverado New Member

I'm pretty sure they are, I havent heard anything saying they wont...I really hope they do that car is awesome

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I heard it was a yes as of....last week, I think?

4. cascott325

well good.
    by the way, congrats on the rocker pods. you have them installed yet?

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes they are releasing the Camaro, they already have thousands of them sitting in the assembly plant parking lot up in Oshawa. I am not sure if it is plant 1 or 2, but I saw pictures on Car Domain of all the Camaro's. We were also told that the government stepped in and regulated what type of Camaro GM can sell for now, for the first one to two years they can only sell a V-6 model because of fuel economy. But after the break in period GM will be able to release a V-8 SS version, and there is also talk of a small V-8 for better fuel economy. In my opinion what happened to the day's where people bought a muscle car because of power, and when did it become all about fuel economy. I guess I will have to wait until 2012 for my 7.0LS7 supercharged super Camaro, which by the way is an actual concept RS/SS GM has in the drawing board.

MUSCLE CAR=PERFORMANCE
    REAL TRUCKS=PERFORMANCE+WORK HORSE
    ANYTHING ELSE=FUEL ECONOMY

6. cascott325

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I saw a brand new yellow 2010 Camaro leaving a local school last week. I must say it looked great!

8. poncho08

poncho08 Rockstar 100 Posts

While I know here in Canada we have the option of buying the new V8 SS it's a very sharp looking car and it's not badly priced out either to its only $48,000 for the full loads the V-8 SS I got a photo of one in my miscellaneous photos. It was a car they were showing at the Edmonton car show about two months ago.

9. cascott325

i got on chevy's website and built a fully loaded SS2 for 38k

10. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was in 1 the other day and it is awesome. They are all over the Detroit area.