1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM sets $41,000 price for electric Chevy Volt

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG]General Motors Co. said Tuesday its Chevrolet Volt electric car will start at $41,000 when it goes on sale in November.

More...

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I asked the Volt guys when I got to drive the volt how much it would cost, they said it would be the price of a smaller luxury car. That's about right on. If you figure that you're just paying for plug-in-power and you get the tax rebate, this is a pretty good deal.

I wonder if GM will let me buy one? :) I promise to make a Chevy Volt website if they do! hahaha :)
  2. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

I drive a commuter car myself to the office just for that reason. I need to get to work Mon to Friday, I'm by myself - sometimes go out to lunch with a small group though. I'd love to see one when it becomes available, but with such a limited no, I'll bet it's hard to get on the list.
  3. Adam1986

Adam1986 New Member

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. How did you like the drive? I wonder how much the tax credit will be for it.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The federal tax credit is for $7,500 (I think), so it brings the real price down to about $33,500. Some states give extras too, for example in Texas (maybe it's a federal thing...) the first x number of buyers can get a free 220 volt charging system rebated in their house, so you can get 220 in your garage wired up in a neat package. I actually have a 220 outlet for heavier equipment that is already ready to go, so it's not a big deal for me, but it would just be something else to incentivize people to do this.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well GM is also trying to keep this an EXCLUSIVE car... Just like when the Prius first came out etc.. They want the mad rush so people dont haggle they just pay whatever markup the dealer puts on the window. It seems that companies do this with every new "breakthrough" product launch. To make sure they get as much media attention as possible, as well as much money.