Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

For Sale GM Sliding Toolbox

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by CobraAviTek, Apr 4, 2012.

1. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

I have the GM Sliding toolbox that works with the cargo management system.

This is the large box that goes from rail to rail, not the smaller ones that clamp on and can be carried off. All installation hardware and brackets are included.

The box usually sells for $550 from the dealership so I'm asking $400 firm.

It was on my truck for approximately 2,000 miles and was covered by the tonneau for most of that time. I have a 5'8" bed and the box was just too big for my taste in a bed that small. It would be a perfect fit for a 6'6" bed and the sliding feature makes it really useful and tonneau friendly.

I thought I'd keep it until my next truck and then I found out that I've got a baby on the way, so I'm trying to sell this to get the money for the crib.

If there aren't any takers I can always keep it and use it for storage, but I thought I'd offer it up first. I'm in Eastern North Carolina, local pick up only please. I may be willing to make a short drive to meet up somewhere if it's within an hour drive.

IMAG0012[1].jpg IMAG0011[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Edwardsautohaus

Edwardsautohaus New Member

If you still have the toolbox call me at 864-378-4457. Thanks Ed

3. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

I still have it, but I haven't had a chance to call.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm sorry, that's AWESOME! I don't have a need for this but it looks great and hope you sell it.

5. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

Thanks. It is a great box, honestly I hadn't heard anything so I had kinda come to terms with keeping it. I don't always haul stuff so sometimes it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep it in there. I also thought about having a metal shop fabricate another box to some slightly different dimensions, using that original box as a baseline, then using the brackets for that new box. Who knows, the baby's already here, bills are paid, so we'll see what the wife says. It would have been perfect if it was 3 inches shorter from what it is now (top to bottom) and only 12-14 inches deep.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If I was a tonneau cover kinda guy I would definitely want something like this. Killer piece of kit for those who like their beds covered...

7. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

Yeah, it worked out to be a perfect fit under it, it was a good system. I'm not really a tonneau type of guy myself. I just put it on when going on trips, that way I can use the bed as a big trunk. The dogs and the kid go in the back seat. I never had to worry about a flat tire, hose, or belt. Always had the tools I needed. On game days it was a good cooler for the beer....