Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM to copy ford with aluminum body

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not really news. It doesn't matter if we're talking trucks or sedans, domestics or imports - every time a car company does something cutting-edge, all the competitors soon follow suit. Just look at the trucks: who came out with the first half-ton crew cab with the 5.5ft bed? Ford and Chevy both have that model available. Also, it seems the people want a crew-cab half-ton with a 6.5ft bed. Ford and Chevy both have that now. Who was the first company to offer 20" wheels? Now you can get 20s and even 22s from all the manufacturers. It's all just a tit-for-tat game.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I understand what you are saying. But, I would figure that GM would wait to see how it worked out for ford. I mean think of things like the Protec plastic beds that were available in the early 2000's on gm trucks or quadra-steer. They never really took off. no one that I know of copied quadrasteer. I think that toyota is putting plastic boxes on the Tacoma now. But, this is happening 10 years after gm tried it.