1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM to remove ‘excellence’ mark from vehicles

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

[​IMG]General Motors Co. will begin removing its "Mark of Excellence" logo from vehicles as the company places greater emphasis on its individual brands.

More...
  2. Coolrado

Coolrado New Member 100 Posts

I think they were a big waste anyway.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I talked with Susan Docherty (The head of Buick and GMC) about this when I was in Detroit. It began about 36 months ago and I actually liked it overall, but I can see why it might not fit in the location that they put it.
  4. RedMonteSS

RedMonteSS New Member

yeah, that's something that never should have been put on the cars in the first place. I still don't konw why they did that. I guess just to show ownership of a brand? I think it is a good idea anyway. The little badges always seemed out of place no matter where they put them on the vehicle.
  5. rmagni

rmagni New Member

I beat GM to the punch and removed the little chiclets myself :glasses:
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah I never liked that on the vehicles either, but I do like the new chrome block lettering that is on the trucks. It's a lot better than the old black and grey emblems, and this change will also drop the cost of the vehicles probably by $5.00.

BTW- I love the chiclets analogy, that made my day!
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I kinda liked 'em, in fact I added 'em to mine! And don't forget this is the GM truck club!

Attached Files:

8. Henchman

Henchman New Member 100 Posts

I was planning to take mine off my Silverado.