GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

GM Van RPO list

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by cntinuum, Oct 24, 2013.

1. cntinuum

cntinuum New Member

I was looking in the JY for a new rear end for my truck. Trucks have their RPO list in the glove box. When I was looking in vans, they didn't have glove boxes and I couldn't find the label with the RPO's for the vehicle. Is there one like in the trucks?
    Thanks,
    -Dave
  2. 01SilveradoBeast

01SilveradoBeast New Member

Did you check the driver's door jam?
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Welcome To The Site Dave......On some of the Chevy/GM Vans the SPID"Service Parts Identification Tag" with the RPO Codes, will be Located on one of the Plastic Storage Covers in the Rear of the Vehicle.
  4. cntinuum

cntinuum New Member

Thanks for the information Mike. I found this forum when I did a search on forums GM vans. When I had a Trailblazer the trailvoy forum that "migrated" to gmtnation.com was the best place for Trailblazer information. I have not found a forum that good for my GMC. Maybe it is here.

I am running on the assumption that like years for GM trucks, vans and surburban all sit on the same frame and the axles will interchange. Is that correct?
    Thanks,
    -Dave
  5. cntinuum

cntinuum New Member

Well after reading for days and not finding much information on this topic on this site, I have found I have been under a misconception. Pickups, Suburbans, and Vans are not all the same rearend wise. From the site http://www.billavista.com, the G30 vans have the widest rear ends for 14 bolts. Therefor not a candidate for a swap under a C2500 chassis with utility box, maybe. They are 2.5" wider from Wheel Mounting Surfaces. The site doesn't talk about spring perk location for van rear axles.

I would like to get the wider drums if I make a swap. That seems to be on 1 ton axles which all have 40.5 spring perch spacing compared to 42.5 for the 3/4T.