1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GM vehicles ranked in the top 4 out of 5 for passsenger safety

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I came across this today. It is a report by insure.com that evaluated passenger safety in more than 750 vehicles. The study analyzed insurance rates for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medical Payments. Out of the "best" 5 vehicles four of them were GM products.

http://autos.aol.com/gallery/best-worst-cars-passenger-safety/
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Roxxor! I'm driving the #1 vehicle! (They didn't say which year...)

Nevermind that I occasionally have to pick smart cars out of my tire treads and Priuses out of my grille.
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Best are big SUV/Trucks and worst are mostly smaller cars, who didnt see that coming.

But pretty impressive that GM grabbed 4 of those spots. It's a big statement for GM automobiles.
  4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I don't know how well I trust that review, is the GMC Sierra 1500 safer than a Chevrolet Silverado 1500? No.

The top 5 safest vehicles on the road are SUVs?

Also the GMC Sierra 1500 being the safest vehicle on the road, and they could not even get the picture right? They have a 2014 Sierra and they are not even released.