GMC 3500 Tranny issue

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JPearson, Mar 11, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. JPearson

JPearson New Member

1995 GMC 3500 w/454 tranny rebuilt due to shifting to 2nd and then not going up or down. Remains in 2nd until the vehical is turned off. Still doing this ocasionally after the rebuild. Any suggestions. Not throwing a code for the shop to pull.

Thanks,
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

hmm.. new shift solenoid?
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Sorry to hear that you are having tranny problems and unfortunately I'm not that familiar with them in order to provide any advice/suggestions. If you do not receive a response shortly, you may want to try posing your question in the Powertrain section (please click link below). That should garner you a quicker response than the Member Intro section.

Good luck!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/17724-Powertrain
  4. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I may be way off in left field here, but we have had minor shift problems on both our 2500 4x4 that we push snow with them, and it has always been linkage tweaks that have cured our issues,,, the shift solenoid makes a lot of sense too, but when you shut it down you would put it in park which would reset all links.. worth a quick check....
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great: mfleetwood's response is spot-on if you don't receive the assistance you require in this thread.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C!
  7. donyms

donyms New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, sorry about your shift problems but you have came to the right place for help. These folks know what they are talking about. Good luck man.
  8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. Hopefully fleetwood's response helps. All I'd be able to do is link possibly related threads myself.