GMC Acadia question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Okimaw, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

Hello All. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the suspension on the Acadia crossover. I looked on the sub forum here and there doesn’t seem to be very much in the way of activity. A lady friend of mine who lives about 500 miles north of me has a 2007 and is having some problems with tires and tire clearance on some upsized BFG All Terrain KO’s she purchased. The stock size they came with was 255/60/18 and she went to 265’s at the first tire switch. She got the bigger and aggressive tires due to the very harsh road conditions in the area, the OEM tires were just not up to the terrain in far northern Canada, blow outs and stuck in the deep snow and ice so she went with the aggressive treads. Now the dealership is telling her that these tires are kicking up too much stones and rubbing on her strut which doesn’t sound right as the treads aren’t big enough to kick up very big stones and the tires aren’t wider. The cost of swapping out her rubber is probably between $1200 to $1600 for tires that are up to the northern conditions. I was thinking a leveling kit would solve any clearance problems but I can’t seem to find strut spacers or any kind of leveling kit for the Acadia online so I’m wondering if any of the more knowledgeable members had any advice? Thanks in advance for all suggestions

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I can't say that I have heard of any leveling kit or lifts available for the Acadia yet.

3. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

Thanks Pete95Sierra, I couldnt find anything either. She's on an extended warranty too so I dont know if any suspension mods are really an option for her but it was a thought