GMC C2500 brake problems

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bmsmarine, Nov 10, 2012.

1. bmsmarine

bmsmarine New Member

Hi
    my name is Bob and I am from melbourne Australia, I have a GMC 2500 with hydroboost and ABS. The problem I have is that some times when I come to an intersection and brake heavily the vehicle seems to brake fine then all of a sudden the brakes seem to let go and it takes a lot of presure on the brake pedal to pull up. The next stop it seems fine. The other problem I have is also intermittent, at times when I first take off after resting the vehicle the first couple of low speed stops the rear brakes lock up. Not having any experience with hydroboost or ABS I am hoping that someone out there may have had the same experience

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Welcome to GM Truck Club!

Sadly I'm unable to assist with your issue, but another might come along who can. You might also consider posting your issue in the Silverado/Sierra forum or in one of the technical sections of the site, as both will get more traffic that the member introduction section.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I agree with "SurrealOne", good luck!

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses: