1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GMC Canyon engine upgrade.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by tiltonb, Jan 17, 2013.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not be a let downer, but the stock 5.3 in the colorado dyno's at 240hp at the wheels. 300 hp is at the crank. Mine isn't stock either, I'll post a video here in a minute.

- - - Updated - - -
    http://youtu.be/1hoXAO2hjDU

Here's a video for you, cammed, stalled, TBSS rear axle swap, still in the process of being finished. This took over a year to complete, I'm pretty sure we can take down a 5.3.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Now that is SWEET!!! I want to see it at Carlisle Truck'in Natl's this year....

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

dear god that things sounds awsome!

note to self, if i see a colorado with the pbrtime plates, dont try and race it.... :lol:

Alex

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We are going to the Carlisle truck nationals this year for sure, last year we were going to go but an electrical gremlin reared it's head the weekend before the show....
    [MENTION=35420]Alex[/MENTION] ha ha!! Well If an old man is driving it, don't worry he's harmless but If you see a young girl driving it then BEWARE!!! I love a good street race, and the truck sound wicked at WOT!! Once we get the truck all finished, I will upload a video of us trying out the line lock!!

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

See you there I hope.. Waiting for that video..... carshows 272.jpg I want to see it doing this.. carshows 201.jpg And showing like this....:great:

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I don't believe the Colorado loses 20% of the 5.3L horsepower through the drive train.

The Silverado has 315HP at the crank and 275 at the rear wheels with a 5.3L. That's a 13% loss in the drive train.

7. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

This makes me hate California smog laws even more!! Nice Colorado man