GMC Canyon security lock system?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tiltonb, Nov 22, 2012.

1. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

On my way home from work I cross a set of railroad tracks. Yesterday when I crossed the tracks everything on my dash quit. In the lower right hand corner the security lock light came on. When I got home and shut my truck off it wouldn't start. I read online that I had to let the truck sit with the key on for 30 minutes then turn the truck off for 30 seconds. I tried that and it didn't work. I disconnected the battery and re-connected the cable and started it. I drove around the block, the same thing happened, the gauges all quit and the light came on. I hit a pot-hole and all of the lights came on and the brake warning bell chimed. Now it starts but the engine warning lights are still on. Can anyone help me?

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Check your grounds, fuses and relays something is majorly wrong. Bite is the truck throwing a code because you should find out what it is to diagnose it.

3. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

I found the problem. The terminal that plugs into the negative cable on the batter was loose. when I disconnected the battery I noticed that the terminal was loose. I checked the grounds on the inner fenders also but they seemed ok. I am sure the terminal was the problem.