1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMC/Chevy truck - any buyer's guide in this forums?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bazar01, Mar 28, 2012.

1. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I am planning to buy a used diesel truck for my realestate business. I would like to know the pros and cons of the 2500 Durammax trucks from 2003-2008. Any sources of info on this site I can read up on? Thanks.
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know of any formal buyers guide on here but you can surf through the various threads that discuss any issues with Duramax diesels. My other suggestion would be to google search "mechanical issues with Duramax". I hope this helps and good luck with the search for a good reliable truck!!!!
  3. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Thanks.

I googled it and found a good write up on the 5 diesel engine generations from WIKI starting with the problematic LB7 (2001-2004) to the LLY (2004-2005), LLY/LBZ (2006-2007), LMM (2007-2011).

I think I am going to look for the 2007-2008 models. Thanks.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You are very welcome. You will find there are a lot of people that are willing to help in any way they can. I have spent time on many different forums but this first and foremost is the best group of people I have found anywhere !!
  5. redvett

redvett Member

Unless you tow a trailer 35000 miles a year a Diesel isnt a cost effective buy.