1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMC Sierra Mirror Conversion ~ Power Folding Mirrors Change

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by nikkeshelton, Dec 23, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member 100 Posts

OK...other than getting the mirrors and the door controls and re-programming. What else do I have to get to change my mirrors? 2009 Serria 1500 Sl Crew Cab with power & heated mirrors, want the power fold and turn signal ones, Am figuring that the close proximity option would be too much Any help out there?
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think you would be good to go.

Your probably right about the close prox option, would also need side sensors.
  3. GrizzlyTN

GrizzlyTN New Member 100 Posts

How much are the parts for this? I've been looking to upgrade mine from regular to at least heated with turn signal.
  4. RayVoy

I had to buy a new driver's side mirror (heated, turns, puddle light, dimming, power adjust and power folding. The mirror was around $225 US, safe to assume the passenger side would be around the same. I don't know about the control panel.
  5. nikkeshelton

Check e-bay, parts are expensive but I figure I'll but a little at a time, also will have to change out the door harness but just the auto dimming will make it worth it!
  6. RayVoy

Are you sure about this?

This works with the inside mirror. The inside mirror has the sensor and the outside driver's mirror is just a slave. If dimming is missing on the inside mirror, you will need to upgrade it as well.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  7. nikkeshelton

I do have an auto dimming rear view mirror, but with the tinted back window and the two windows on the camper shell I'm wondering if it can go into the auto dimming mode? So if the rear view doesn't go into the auto dimming mode the side mirror probably will not either?
  8. nikkeshelton

Can anyone answer my question about the auto dimming mirrors? If the tinted rear windows on the rear truck window plus the tinted camper shell windows prevent my inside mirror from going into the auto dimming mode will it affect the outside auto dimming feature on the outside mirror?
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your rear view must be in to auto dimming mode for the outside mirrors to do so. The outside mirrors listen to commands from the rear view because they do not have their own sensors. In my 96 Tahoe I don't have a problem with the rear windows being heavily tinted and it messing up the outside mirrors.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

If you can, please post some good pics and maybe a step-by-step if you get this done properly. ;-)