1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMC Suburban Graveyard

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by nottmbantam, Dec 16, 2013.

1. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Member

So, needed a couple of wing mirrors for my 1996 K2500 Suburban. Tried quite a few used parts shops here in Riyadh, but to no avail. I had heard of a huge scrapyard , around 25 miles outside of Riyadh so took a drive out a few days ago. It's a massive site. I was crawling along , seeing breakers yards for Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc....then a local guy pulled up behind me and insisted I follow him. I was naturally driving the Suburban.

He insisted I follow him, and he took me to his breakers yard, slightly off the main drag. Here, I found the biggest collection of Suburbans, all being dismantled and broken. I know know where to go if ever I need hard to find parts. I got the wing mirrors, now fitted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Dang! Do they have 91-older square body burbans in there?
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

lol, shipping might kill you as I believe that he is in Saudi Arabia! Nice find @nottmbantam I would love to find a place like that here.
  4. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Member

To be honest, didn't notice any pre 1991 older 'Burbs - still see a few out on the road sin full and active service. THis breakers yard tended to concentrate on the model that I have - up to 1999?

Yes Pikey, I am in Saudi, so the shipping will cost a fortune. THose wing mirrors for example aint the lightest things, with the motors still inside. I have now heard of a smaller scrapyard in the city of Riyadh, so will have a mooch around there probably on Thursday....on the hunt for some replacement speakers - the ones for the boot / cargo area. I find the original ones are a pretty decent quality.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Oh shat! Never mind! Lol you can keep them