1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GMC VS. CHEVY really whats the difference?? nothing really

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ICED-OUT-98-LOW-RIDER, Dec 22, 2011.

1. all i could find out about chevy and gmc is trim all that i have worked on gmc and chevys they are built the same interchangeable motors and trannys and body and interior parts... so i find nothing different.

2. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Absolutely nothing, the only difference is one is more expensive than the other, and a different emblem. GMC's tend to be more like fancy Chevy's, but since they make all the trucks like Cadillac's now, GMC is kinda useless now.

3. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Member 2 Years 100 Posts

They even come off of the same assembly line. (or at least some did)
    I've seen a local truck here(a few years ago now), brand new on the sales lot, chevy silverado logo's and stuff on the outside and a GMC sierra trimmed interior.
    Word on the street years ago was that Chevy was the "poor mans" GMC.

4. outalne94z71

outalne94z71 Member

gmc was considered by gm as their higher end line before they started with the caddillac.
    from what i understand, years ago the gmc even had galvanized sheetmetal where the chevy line did not and always had just a little more luxury to them

5. yeah i know they come off the same assembly line they are all produced by gm i just wanted to prove a point to a certain person that would not believe a word i said but thanks guys for all the input and feed back

6. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects Rockstar 100 Posts

All the trucks they make look the same to me, besides 2 different logos

7. o3gerber

o3gerber Rockstar 100 Posts

I beleve that the 2500 gmc's come with the lyz coded duramax motors, when chevy has the ly5, ly7 and so on depending on the year, Correct me if a am wrong cause i am not sure exactly

8. outalne94z71

outalne94z71 Member

the code was only the engine generation model for a year period, it had nothing to do with the make like the lly was used in both chevy and gmc in the same time period same with the lbz and lb7, some years there was overlap like 07 where you could get the new engine in the old body style or you could still get the previous generation engine too

9. Static823

Static823 New Member

I think the difference between a GMC and a Chevy is purely cosmetic.

10. redvetttes

redvetttes New Member

Front Grill