1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMC vs. FOrd truck pull

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChevyFan, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

both of those were funny. now i think i should show my dad since he loves FORDs
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Steve's clip just proves the obvious...GM kicks Ford's *ss. Then again, I do love the early to mid 90s Broncos. I want to get a hold of one of them to turn into a mean 4x4 rig.... That'll come after I build my Sub up... But I digress, GO CHEVY!!!! :rofl::lol::party:
  5. maxumpower

maxumpower New Member

I do like chevy/gmc better than ford but it seems to me that the ford had a slight tire disadvantage.:frown: The ford seemed to have regular or maybe all terrain tires but the GMC had a set of mondo-squabbler mudd knobies....or did i just dream it?:meuh:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Well, I'm sure that these guys came ready for combat, but these head-to-head pulls have a lot to do with tires, gearing, engine mods, driving style, fuel, etc. The GMC did appear to have some mud/dirt/sand tires though.

What does it prove? Get some good good friends, too much alcohol and a couple of trucks and you too can burn up your engine.

** The part of the video that gets me is right after the 2nd pull, in the foreground you can see a woman video taping, then when the Ford loses, she stops moving and drops her arms to her side. Wonder if she's gonna tear into her man for losin? lol :neutral:
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  7. maxumpower

maxumpower New Member

I can remember back in highschool a good buddy saying that my GMC safari van was a piece of crap.:mad: He stated that his mitsubishi mighty max pickup would mop the floor up with my van.(mainly because he had 27 inch BFG all terrains) (I had 275-60-15 Hoosiers street tires) So we tied the vehicles up and the ole GMC had fun dragging him across a gravel lot.:na: SO he says his truck will do it in reverse....so here we go again....and this time the GMC drags him into a mud puddle and covers the little red truck completly and also throws a rock at it's winshield for good measure:great:
    I still pick on him to this day about that:rofl:
  8. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member 100 Posts

haha! You can clearly see her throw her arm down in disgust!
  9. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

That's too funny. He had to come back for seconds, huh?
  10. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I think she took it pretty well. What else is she going to do? Maybe shed a tear? That would be hysterical! Remember, it's all fun and games until someone's boyfriend's Ford truck gets pulled across town by a GMC.