Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMC yukon XL air deflector

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blaze1608, Feb 13, 2013.

1. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

Well another part of my mods, that I want to do to my truck. I want to add a air deflector to my truck and seeing that a Yukon XL comes with one, I was wondering if I could put one on my 1999 Silverado valence bumper. I also found one for a Suburban, and I know that they are, more or less, the same but I have been told by GM dealers in my hometown that the mounting is different.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

So you want the Under Bumper one? Or a wind deflector on the rear above the rear window?
  3. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

under the bumper one
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

There are a few Co's that make some nice ones Some with built in Fog/Driving lights.. Check out Street Scene
  5. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

Well I know that LMC makes one, I just wanted to make sure that a suburban or Yukon xl one would work.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

.....The Front Bumper, Top Bumper Pad and Lower Front Valance from a 2000" to 2006" 1/2 Ton NBS Tahoe/Suburban, will fit a 1999" to 2002" 1/2 Ton NBS Silverado,

.....The Front Bumper, Bumper Pad, and Lower Front Valance on the Yukon's/Sierra's will not fit, on your 99" Silverado,

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

Yeah those are the ones I'm talking about, but seeing as you confirmed my thoughts, shows that it is feasible. Thanks for the help 99'heartbeat. Also just out of curiosity how did you get the black plastic on the mirrors to be able to be painted?
  8. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I always liked the front bumpers on the z71 tahoe/ suburbans that share the same front end and apparently so do alot of other people because when they come up used they are snatched up instantly. If i had the money I would change my chrome grille to painted and get the painted front z71 bumper. Just like this

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2724/1901/6808450021_large.jpg
  9. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

well I know LMC sells them, and usually for the silverado the parts are cheaper through them for parts for this truck. I see your point with the Z71 air dam, for me its a toss up really after seeing that picture, but I'll be doing all this in the spring time (because I will be working full time and I live in Canada, where winter is basically 8 months of the year lol).