GMT800 Suburban Body Panels 1500 vs 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rowekmr, Jan 2, 2012.

1. rowekmr

rowekmr Member

Hello

I know the frame, drivetrain and suspension is different between the 1500 and 2500 series but are the body panels the same? I'm looking at a 2001 Suburban 2500 that needs body work and was wondering would I be confined to looking for 2500 wrecks or could I also use body parts/panels off of a 1500 series.

Thanks

2. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I can't speak for the 2000 era body style, but I have never seen a difference between the earlier years. It isn't until you get to the 3500 and they have that extra piece that sits between the bumper and the grill that I've seen a difference.

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

in theory yes they should be and for a 2001 the front doors are pretty much the same as tahoe and silverado and back door same as a silverado crew cab of the same generation.

4. wildmans92

wildmans92 Member

Everything rear of the front clip should interchange and fenders should, but hood and grill may not work, i know the pickups had a different hood and grill if it had the 8.1 and maybe the duramax?