Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GMT800 Suburban Body Panels 1500 vs 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rowekmr, Jan 2, 2012.

1. rowekmr

rowekmr Member

Hello

I know the frame, drivetrain and suspension is different between the 1500 and 2500 series but are the body panels the same? I'm looking at a 2001 Suburban 2500 that needs body work and was wondering would I be confined to looking for 2500 wrecks or could I also use body parts/panels off of a 1500 series.

Thanks

2. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I can't speak for the 2000 era body style, but I have never seen a difference between the earlier years. It isn't until you get to the 3500 and they have that extra piece that sits between the bumper and the grill that I've seen a difference.

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

in theory yes they should be and for a 2001 the front doors are pretty much the same as tahoe and silverado and back door same as a silverado crew cab of the same generation.

4. wildmans92

wildmans92 Member

Everything rear of the front clip should interchange and fenders should, but hood and grill may not work, i know the pickups had a different hood and grill if it had the 8.1 and maybe the duramax?