1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMTC 2012 Spring Contest Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by ChevyFan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would guess it has to do with the numerous posts this thread has gotten some days and the fact he didn't want it buried.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Could beeeeeee........................................
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

One can just make a new sticky post and solve that problem.
  4. SurrealOne

5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Keep checking and hoping. Hopefully soon.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Replies:
    Views: 207 [​IMG]
  7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well, just taking a guess here but Steve posted that there are splitting the games out of the contests and giveaways. So, I wonder if he noticed that a few winners were from game threads. Maybe he is splitting it out now and re-picking the winners.
  8. Jper

Jper Member

The suspense is killing me! Fingers crossed!
  9. SurrealOne

I don't believe the entry/qualification criteria limited/restricted the forums in which qualifying posts could be. It's open to interpretation as to whether the games forums are relevant to the forums, in general. One could say they are not about trucks and, thus, aren't ... but one could also argue that they are a means by which forum members entertain themselves (and each other), get to know one another, and the like ... at which point they are VERY relevant as this is a community and the games provide a bit of cohesion.

I don't think they'd fall under 'nonsense' or 'spam' either, since they actually do have a relevant purpose. That said, if the posts in the games section were completely discounted for qualification purposes it wouldn't bug me one bit ... but if that was the initial intent it probably should have been clearly noted in the rules as published prior to the beginning of the contest ... just for the sake of transparency/disclosure (i.e. to remove any/all doubt for forum members).
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No, all of those posts are fair game.

I'm just having some issues this week, had to get the baby into get ear tubes this morning and wife's been ill as well. Juist need a couple hours and i've not had that. In fact, i'm being beaten uip by my one year old right now so I'm gonna have to cut this off right now anyhow.