GMTC Logo & Designs Contest ~ Win Free Stuff

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by ChevyFan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

So we're looking to start producing a bunch of stuff starting in September. The only problem? We need to think about designs and logos that will go on these items.

• Hats
    • Tshirts
    • License Plate Frames
    • Coffee Mugs
    • Beer Steins?
    • Polo Shirts?
    • What else?

So to do this, we're going to think about a new logo (or playing with our two current logo options) and/or different design options for all of these elements.

So, to help kick off this endeavour, for those of you are have talent in this area, please work up some mockups and if we use your design you will be compensated with $50 worth of free merch for your efforts.

EDIT: These are the current logos/designs that we've been using. Feel free to think up a new logo and/or design for us to use.

Current Header Logo
    I came up with this current design for the header earlier this year, based on some changes I made the past couple of years.
    gmtc-header-logo.jpg

Current Window Sticker Design
    I guess I designed this back in 2008 and it's about time to think of a new design.
    window-sticker.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. Curky

Curky New Member

I think the polo should be simple Slide1.jpg
  3. ChevyFan

That looks great with the current website header.

I'm looking for new logo designs, new header designs and then maybe some creative stuff too.
  4. Curky

Curky New Member

OK, a little rough with this stuff but here is a hat. The white one is different. Keep in mind I’m at work and am not spending a lot of time. I will this weekend, but since I did it, I will post.
    hat 2_Page_1.jpg
  5. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Here's a thought... the banner image at the top of the site implies "newer" GM trucks. Perhaps an image that has several body styles represented? here is a quickie I made up for one of my sites:

[​IMG]

Since that time, I have become rather proficient with Photoshop. Here is another logo I just did for my business:

[​IMG]

I would be happy to help develop a new logo for the site.
  6. Curky

Curky New Member

Here is a rough draft for now.

Slide1.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

I like that idea love to see a broad range of years and body styles (suv, pick-ups, vans)
  8. Curky

Curky New Member

come on people. there has to be more people to do this. if it is between moogvo, I have no shot, he is good. if there are more here it might take some of his glory. sorry @moogvo.Give it a shot maybe it might not be your thing but maybe an idea of it. Idea's are great.
  9. ChevyFan

We can let this hang out and stew for a while. :) No rush, but the holiday season is coming soon. ;-) Might even have a calendar this year as well.
  10. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Maybe what it needs is a slight tune up and not a complete re-design. The current look is really clean, prints well and is easy to embroider. Maybe a little dimension is all that is needed?

GMTC.png
    Maybe a bit more simple...
    GMTC2.png
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  11. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

Agreed!!!!
  12. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Haahaa! That's funny. I am FAR from the best! (Thank you though... That made my night ;) ). The truth is that I used to go to the free logo sites and look at their designs. Many of them are actually pretty good if you step back and take a deeper look. They are good to use as a creativity springboard. The same is how I write commercials; I see or hear a commercial or I may see something while driving down the street that strikes me as "Hey! That would be a cool ad if..." and I store that idea away for when I have a client that it would be a good match for... Which is actually backwards from the way most other copy writers approach it.

Come to think of it, my brain usually works backwards from everyone else's! It's been suggested that there are meds for that! LOL!

In any case, thank you! That was a pretty cool comment!
  13. Curky

Curky New Member

[MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION] - I do like that logo you did what do you think instead of it being oval. It was the shape of the side of a truck or front?
  14. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

I could see a line in the shape of the silhouette of a truck... The more stuff you add, though, the more busy and cluttered it becomes.
  15. Curky

Curky New Member

I have another one in the works, just kinda busy right now. soon real soon
  16. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

GM Truck Club Logo

gmc_logo_sml2.jpg

Maybe I should have spaced the letters on TRUCK CLUB farther apart.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  17. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

gmc_logo_sml2 (1).gif
    I based tie logo on this and the square blue GM logo.
  18. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

my altered logo

This is my altered logo. If someone with a better program took it I'll bet they could make it look a lot better.

gmc_logo_sml2.jpg
  19. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I like the cartoon style truck pictures maybe a back design for a tee would have several different body style gm trucks represented by the forum with a big club logo in the middle. Then for the front a simple pocket design?
  20. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

logo.jpg How about this? I like the truck much better.

Attached Files: