1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

GMTC Military Members ~ Going Overseas

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've got a lot of military (past, present and future) on this site, and it's come to my attention that we have active duty members of the armed forces that check into this site WHILE they are overseas.

For those of you that are deploying, already overseas or on your way back, please keep us updated as to what you're doing and your plans for when you get back! I think this is especially important to note as we get near the holidays and my family and friends that have been deployed say that's one of the toughest times of any tour.

2. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yea, remember all of our Military members during the holidays. Especially those who don't get to come home and are in combat zones. Military life is tough on families. Frequent moves, lots of travel and the parent that is not in the Military often gets to organize the packing, unpacking and getting every one settled in a new place. Hard on marriages to say the least.

3. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

To all the Canadian and American Military active members oversees and on active duty, we wish you a safe return back home. We are proud of all your bravery and for your self-less act of fighting for the freedom of us and others. If you can not come back home for the holidays, please know that we are thinking about you, and we are proud of you. Please be safe and come back home.

patriotic_yellow_ribbon_support_our_troops_vehicle_magnet_1.jpg

4. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

As a previously over seas sailor (3 years Yokosuka, Japan on USS Kitty Hawk) I'd like to say thanks to everybody for keepin us in yer thoughts.

For my current Brothers-and-Sister-in-Arms, thank you for your continued vigilance during the upcoming holidays! Never forget that there will always be somebody over here who would love to talk with you, even if it's just to vent or see how your day was goin. I'd personally be more than happy to exhange e-mails or addresses with ya'll to keep in contact (maybe the occasional care package??). Thank you again for your continued service!

~AG2(AW) Josh Kelley
    USN

5. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

stuck in Korea and it sucks

6. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

WHAT? are you married?

7. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man Member

I'd like to thank all former and current military members for their service to this great nation. We would never have all of the freedoms we enjoy without every single one of you brave men and women. Stay safe during the holiday season and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.