Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GMTC mobile app?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Crispyt, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone think it would be kinda cool if there was an app for the ipod or iphones ect. for this site? Or does anyone know how to make one or if it could be done. Even if it's a dollar to download it would atleast support the site. Mostly just a thought but any ideas for how to acomplish this and what could be features in the app?
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That would be cool but as like in the business I am in, we did it. It was very expensive to have it a decent one. Unless you know a developer and he/she hooks it up.
    When I go on my phone (droid) and go to the site. It does transform into phone combatable format. Me myself don’t care for it that way but some do.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They're not all that expensive to get made, but they do take time, effort, etc. I have it on my list of things to do, and I already have had one conversation with someone recently about getting one built.
  4. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

There's an app you can use called Forum Runner. If I'm not mistaken, there's a free version. The pay version is just a buck or two. It would be cool to have an actual GMTC app though.
  5. USN_GunnerB

USN_GunnerB New Member

I have the 1.99 version - I like it very clean and easy to use -
  6. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just make this work with Tapatalk. All the other forums I'm on use it but this one. It would be fantastic to have it as an option.
  7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I think it would be awesome to have a GMTC app. For the last 3 months, up until last week I have been using my HTC Inspire for my internet . I tried using the mobile version of the site, but didn't care for it an awful lot. I think that because it lacks the todays posts options it makes it hard to follow current threads. I also tried the free version of forum runner, but the inability to post without purchasing the app threw me off of that as well. I decided it was best for me just to view the regular version of the site through the phone. Lucky for me I finally got my internet hooked up at home and now get to use my laptop. I would definitely use a GMTC app if it were available and had good functionality.
  8. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm reading this with Forum Runner - it's ok, but Tapatalk would be better

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is good feedback, I need more feedback like this actually.

TapaTalk
    Forum RUnner
    vBulletin Standard Mobile
    Other Mobile Theme / Apps?